In the last four years Divya Yog Mandir (Trust)- Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar initiated scientific research on Yoga with a special emphasis on Pranayam as taught by H.H. Swami Ramdevji. In respect of various diseases, which are considered incurable in the modern medical system, the ancient sages had prescribed successful treatment. In line with the treatment of those sages, deep study of the classics and with the grace of God, works related to upliftment, development and research in the field of Ayurveda, have been undertaken with full dedication by the Brahmakalpa Chikitsalaya governed by Divya Yog Mandir Trust (SIROs). Ayurvedic treatment and research work is being carried on under the supervision of Acharya Balkrishna. In the Brahmakalpa Chikitsalaya various open level clinical research projects were undertaken to evaluate the beneficial effects of combination of classical and proprietary ayurvedic drugs along with development and improvement of new scientifically evaluated drugs i.e.;
1. Research project on ‘Formulation and process development of proprietary ayurvedic medicine for various ailments as compared to existing therapies.’
2. Clinical evaluation of subjects suffering with ailments of digestive system.
3. Clinical evaluation of subjects suffering with ailments of hepato-biliary system.
4. Clinical evaluation of anti-diabetic combination suffering with Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM).
5. Clinical evaluation of subjects suffering with disorders of cardiovascular system.
6. Clinical evaluation of subjects suffering with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).
7. Clinical evaluation of subjects suffering with Chronic Renal Failure (CRF).
8. Clinical Study on “An ayurvedic formulation use on asthmatics patients".
9. Clinical Study on “An ayurvedic formulation use on Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Patients".
10. Effect of Mukta Vati on patients of Hypertention (HTN).
11. Clinical evaluation of paralysis patients.
12. Effect of an ayurvedic combination on patients of migraine (Ardhavbhedak).
13. Effect of an ayurvedic combination on patients of epilepsy (Apasmar).
Outcomes of there research activities were published in previous issues of monthly research journal/ magazine ‘Yoga Sandesh’
To nhance the capability of the DYM(T), PYP(T), PAL and PFHPL as a premier institution for research in Ayurveda and forge strategic alliance with similar establishments and constantly strive for excellence in basic and applied knowledge for efficient understanding of the cause and prevention of human diseases and their management.
1. Scientific exploration of mysteries hidden in ancient Indian texts.
2. Extensive Survey and Research on Medicinal flora of Himalayas and other potential areas.
3. Novel Chemical compound Research Program, Pharmacological Research Program including Toxicological studies, Drug Standardization Research Program, Clinical Research Program etc.
4. To work in the field of Molecular markers development of Herbo-mineral material
5. Detection of adulterants/substitution material by their sequence characterized amplification methods.
6. Markers assisted selection of desirable chemotypes including Plant Tissue Culture.
7. Expanding horizons in food technology and processing for industrialization of Agriculture in India.
8. Formulate aims and patterns of research on scientific lines in ayurvedic systems of medicine.
9. Initiate, develop, encourage and coordinate scientific research in fundamental and applied aspects of Ayurveda.
10. To study of diseases, their prevention and cure, especially with emphasis for covering the rural population of the country.
11. Establish a state-of-the-art research facility dedicated to ayurvedic research i.e. establishment of centre of excellence for Ayurveda research
12. To Fulfill the imagination of HH Swami Ramdev ji and HH Acharya Balkrishna ji to make disease free India and World by reestablishing traditional Indian knowledge.
AYURVEDA RESEARCH TEAM
Senior Ayurvedacharyas & Scientists, under the Chairmanship of Acharya Balkrishanji constitutes the Ayurveda research team to do Ayurveda research in Patanjali Yogpeeth.
RESEARCH ADVISORY BOARD
|1. Dr. P.L. Gautam
||Vice Chancellor, G.B. Pant University
|2. Dr. B.D. Sharma
||Ex. Principal of NBPGR
|3. Mr. Shrikant Chandola
||Chief Conservator of Forests and Wild Life
|4. Dr. Akhila Anand
||Senior Assistant Director, CIMAP
|5. Dr. Pradeep Kumar
||Principal, RAC, Haridwar
|6. Prof. S.D. Upadhyay
||HOD, Deptt. of Kaya Chikitsa, RAC
|7. Dr. Kaushal Kumar
||Senior Scientist, Patanjali Herbal Garden
|1. Chairman [Internal]
|2. Member Secretary
||Sri. Lalit Mohan
||Avnish K. Upadhyay
||Prof. S.D. Upadhyay
||Sri Mahant Rajendra Das Kothari
||Dr. Vinod Upadhyay
||Dr. Satish Chandra
||Sri Uttam Singh Chowhan
1. Recognised as Scientific and Industrial Organisations (SIROs), by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India -Vide Lett. No. 14/408/2005- TU-V, Dt. 20 July, 2006.
2. Accreditation as Research & Development organization by Central council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha (CCRAS), Deptt. of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India [Under Process]
1. Formulation development and clinical evaluation of various herbo-mineral products.
2. Process development of various classical ayurvedic preparations described in ancient texts.
3. Myths and scientific contribution to explore the Ashtavarg Plants in the Himalayas.
4. Demographic study on “Role of Divya Yoga Mandir Trust for the scientific development of Yoga, Pranayam and Indian System of Medicine”.
5. Antimicrobial and bronchodilatory effects of some newly introduced medicinal herbs as hawan samagri in Vedic Agnihotra.
6. Physio-chemical analysis of ingredients in Divya Madhunashini and its Pathophysiological effects on Diabetes Mellitus with and without SRY.
7. Chemical and Biological investigations related to process development of some metallic preparations used in Indian System of Medicine.
8. Process Development and commercialization of Extraction technology of herbals.
9. A novel method and scheme for Standardization of Divya Madhunashini: A Herbal Medicine
10. Project for development of “An extraction process for Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
11. A noval method of detection and differenciation of giloy satwa (Tinospora cordifolia) from coomen adulterent such as potteto and maize satwa.
12. In-vivo toxicological study of Drishti eye drop.
13. In-vivo toxicological study on plant Ricinus communis Linn.
14. Efficacy evaluation of Drishti Eye drop (A product of Patanjali Ayurveda Limited) in different eye disorders.
15. Effect of Ashwashila Capsule (An Ayurvedic Preparation of Patanjali Ayurveda Limited) In Patients with Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus [NIDDM].
16. “Detection, Identification and Differentiation of urine of cow of Indian breed amongst the urines of other breed cow urine, goat and buffalo urine.”
17. A novel field test kit which enables spot test for the detection and identification of Raw Herbs Active constituent in the field within a few minutes.
18. Isolation, Identification and characterization of specific chemical compound marker of 1000.8 KD in shilajit sample responsible for the therapeutic activity of shilajit prescribed in Ayurveda as panacea.
19. The novel aroma composition of more then 50 compounds in specific ratio isolated from Sanjeevni plant ‘Saussurea gossypiphora for the prevention and treatment of psychological disorders.
1. Scientific evaluation and validation of lesser known herbs potentially used as folk medicine by Jaunsari tribe and its Synergy with Ayurveda.
2. Effects of Mukta Vati (A Nobel Herbomineral Preparation of Divya Pharmacy) in Patients with High-Normal to Stage I Hypertension: A randomized controlled comparative study
3. Effect of Madhunashini (A Polyherbal preparation by Divya Pharmacy) on Diabetic Profile: A randomized controlled comparative study
4. Identification and authentication of medicinal plants “Saussurea gossypiphora” by various biotechnological tools.
5. ‘Isolation of markers (Chemical, Molecular and Biochemical Metabolites) for the authentication of some most common medicinal plants’.
6. To study the peak plasma concentration of metals after the consumption of bhasma.
7. Open prospective clinical trial and study of shilajit as potential anti aging agent that maintained telomere length in cells by increasing the activity of telomerase, the enzyme involved in telomere synthesis.
8. A Randomized, Double-Blind, and Controlled Study of a Herbomineral Preparation of Divya Pharmacy in Adult Patients of mild to moderate Bronchial Asthma.
9. Development of in-vitro facility for biological activity testing of bioactive constituents of medicinal and aromatic plants using hella, Cancer cell lines.
10. Project for Collection of 1000 germplasm from different sources to develop a live bank of variants of medicinal and aromatic plants.
11. Development the deployment of rapid and suitable analytical procedures for testing and evaluation of medicinal and aromatic plant materials.
12. Development of immunoactive peptides as Immuno-modulator.
13. Isolation, characterization and development of non synthetic salicylic acid as antipyretic drug from the various vegetable sources.
14. New Markers development of most frequent herbs and to attain the patent of said markers.
FURTHER RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Clinical Trials-Phase 1, 11, Ill & IV Stability tests will be conducted on all our products as per ICH (International Conference for Harmonization) guidelines to ensure quality of product through out its shelf life.
2. To conduct study and research projects associated with Yajna, Organic Agriculture, Cow-Urine, Nature and Environment in addition to the study and research in Ayurveda.
Priority Research project on:
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Herbal cosmetic development
TECHNICAL COLLABORATION (S)
- National Institute of Malaria Research (ICMR), Delhi
- C.C.S. University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy, New Delhi (CCRYN)
- R & D, Divya Pharmacy, Haridwar
- R & D, Patanjali Ayurveda Limited, Haridwar
- Patanjali & Divya Seva Kendra for Ayurvedic treatment & Research
- Department of Ayurveda & Unani Services, Haridwar
- Social Science Research Foundation, Nepal
- Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
- Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology
- R & D, Patanjali Foods & Herbal Parks Limited
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN AYURVEDA RESEARCH