Shalakya tantra which is one of the eight classical branches of Ayurveda deals with the description and treatment of organs seated above the neck (clavicle) like Ear, Nose, Throat, Head, Eye and teeth (Dental). Department of Salakyatantra is one of the illustrious departments of Patanjali Ayurvedic hospital, a well renowned Ayurvedic health institution in world.
Aims and Objective of Shalakya tantra :-
1) To treat the diseased persons with various Eyes, ENT and Head related disease.
2) To prevent diseases by taking sincere effort on patient education regarding preventive aspects and life style modifications.
3) To maintain the health of healthy individuals.
In Patanjali Ayurvedic hospital these (Shalakya tantra department) specialized branch again divided into three super specialized branches
1) Shalakya ENT CLINIC & RESEARCH CENTER
2) Shalakya-OPHTHALMOLOGY CLINIC & RESEARCH CENTER
3) Shalakya- DENTAL CLINIC & RESEARCH CENTER