• ISO 9001:2008 – QMS from British Standard Institute
• ISO 14001:2004 – EMS from British Standard Institute
• OHS 18001:2007 – OHSAS from British Standard Institute
• State GMP Uttarakhand
• GMP – from British Standard Institute
• GLP – from British Standard Institute
• GPP – from British Standard Institute
DIVYA PHARMACY JOURNEY SO FAR
DivyaYogMandir (Trust), started “BrahamkalpChikitsalaya” at KripaluBagh Ashram, Kankhal in 1995 where patients suffering from various diseases were cured using Ayurvedic medicines and practices of Yoga. Need was felt to provide quality Ayurvedic medicines to the patients to seek optimum results as results of Ayurvedic treatment are directly proportional to the quality of prepared medicines. Hence a small scale manufacturing unit of Ayurvedic medicines was established in the campus of KripaluBagh Ashram, Kankhal. This was the beginning of DivyaAushadhi Nirmanshala (Divya Pharmacy), which was totally based on traditional methods.
Divya Pharmacy has had the exalted vision to bring Ayurveda to society in a contemporary form and to unravel the mystery behind this haloed and revered, Indian system of medicine by exploring and selecting indigenous herbs, ancient Ayurvedic literatures and subjecting the formulations to modern pharmacological, toxicological safety tests and clinical trials to create new drugs and therapies.
Divya Pharmacy tries that medicines should possibly be available to common man at the minimum cost price. In the year 2002-03, modernization of the pharmacy has been done. A new expanded unit of the pharmacy has been established well equipped with machines based on modern techniques.
Quality of the medicines so produced is of the highest level. This unit has the capacity of extracting from 50,000 kgs. of raw herbs. The desired fluid component is added to this extract in the process of making the medicines.
For the manufacturing processes in Divya Pharmacy automatic high speed spray drier unit, for quick liquefaction a fluid bed processor, tablet compressing device with the capacity for preparing 9 lacstablet per hour, high speed auto-coater for coating the tablets, high speed mixer-grinder, fluid bed driers and cleaning, crushing & pulverizing units have been established.
In the modern packing section of Divya Pharmacy PLC controlled packing equipment having the capacity of 300 blisters per minute with automatic blister packing equipment has been installed. A utility center has been set up in this production unit which has 3×725 & 1×500 KVA generators, softeners& cooling towers including boilers & air compressors having the capacity to produce 16 ton steam.
As a result of this Divya Pharmacy has become the first medicine manufacturing unit of Uttarakhandgot ISO-9001:2008and STATE-GMP certifications. In the Pharmacy the international standards like Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Packaging Practices (GPP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good laboratoryPractices (GLP) are being strictly followed.
• Quality Control
• Research & Development
Divya Pharmacy’s R & D department is dedicated to product development, quality control and standardization. Divya Pharmacy has started a demanding work full of responsibility and initiated a revolutionary change by making three stage standardization & clinical testing as the basis in the field of the manufacturing of ayurvedic medicines:
1. Quality Control & Quality Assessment.
2. Clinical Trial.
For Quality Control Testing the following three steps are followed:
1. for Raw Material
2. forpacking material testing
3. for final product
1. Quality Control and Quality Testing For Raw Material:
The raw material to be used in production of medicines is used only after they have been tested for their purity. Quality control of the raw material to be used for preparation of the medicines is a difficult task as there are varieties of the herbs, a lot depends on their place of procurement, and it also depends on the season in which they have been collected. To carry out this work appropriately & in an effective manner, an herb research department has been established in which efficient, trained scientists and research personnel from the fields of Botany, Pharmacy, plants, microbes, chemistry, microbiology &Ayurveda have been employed.
To carry out the tasks a laboratory (QA & QC Laboratory) has been constructed, which has the most modern equipment like Oven, Microwave Oven, Moisture Balance, Bulk Density Apparatus, Microscope, Computerized Microscope, Polari meter, Extraction, Apparatus, TLC, High Profile Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC). At present Botany, Chemistry and Microbiology departments are in operation.
2. Quality Control testing of packing material
The following machines are used for conducting packing material testing
1. Bursting strength testing machine.
2. Scuff tester
3. Leak testing apparatus
3. Quality Control and Quality testing for final products:
The following tests are carried out before dispatch of final product:
1. Identification Test
2. Measurement of Physical parameters
• Moisture content
• Ash value
• Solubility in different solvents like water, alcohol, either etc.
4. Microbiological Test
Conducting/determination of all microbial parameters including pathogens.
Divya Pharmacy has following Units:
1. Divya Pharmacy A-1, Industrial Area, Haridwar.
2. Divya Pharmacy Unit-II, Padartha, Haridwar.
3. Divya Pharmacy D-28, Industrial Area, Haridwar.
4. Divya Pharmacy D-29, 30, Industrial Area, Haridwar.
5. Divya Pharmacy, KripaluBagh Ashram, Kankhal, Haridwar
• With a view to amalgamate the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with modern scientific practices of manufacturing, this pharmacy has been set-up. The aim is to produce in high volumes quality tested hygienic Ayurvedic formulations at reasonable prices. The award of ISO-9001:2008 and GMP certification is the corroboration of the modern empirical research evaluation and cutting edge technology that are used here maintaining the quality standards laid down by GMP and International Quality Standards.
• Divya Pharmacy is committed to maintain quality of all Raw & Packing Material used for the manufacturing of final products and also maintain strictly all quality parameters as per standards.
• With existing covered area of nearly 1 Lakh Sqft (Unit-A1), the organization had the capacity to produce products (Vati, Churana, Oils, Bhasma&Kwath) in 3 storied infrastructure. Now we have extended the area by additional land area of nearly 10,000 Sqft in F-4 unit.
• And Divya Pharmacy Unit-2 with covered area 1.21 Lakh Sqft, has recently been started partly making our combined production growth to Rs. 2.00 cr / Per day.
• Divya Pharmacy is conceived with the objective of amalgamating the ancient wisdom of the Science of Ayurveda with Modern Scientific Techniques of Industrial Management.
• To build a disease free world by making every individual physically strong, emotionally balanced, socially responsible and spiritually awakened.
• To make available International Quality Hygienic Medicines and Consumer Products to the largest section of populace at reasonable prices enabling the common citizen to avail their benefits.
• Worldwide market development with in-depth and long term approach, maintaining at each step the highest ethical standards.
• To uplift farmers from their present status of poverty and debt, Divya pharmacy envisions developing an infrastructure which would help generate employment to the local people and facilitate the farmer full return of their produce without getting entangled in the snare of middle men.
“Creating a healthy and Self- Reliant Bharat through the adoption of Yoga, Ayurveda and Swadeshi ideology.”
Divya Pharmacy Products
• We have nearly 189 Stock Keeping Units (SKU)
• Under this we have total classical – 131 sku
• Under this we have total patent- 58 sku
• No. of Asava&Arishta – 15 sku
• No. of Vatis – 64 sku
• No. of Churana – 29 sku
• No. of Kwaths – 16 sku
• No. of Bhasma – 51 sku
• No. of Oils & Others – 14 sku